Posted on April 07 2012 | (2) Comments
Category: Salad Dressing Recipes Tags:
raw salad dressings
Yield: 1/3 cup, 3 servings
Cider vinegar is easier to digest than red wine varieties, and it has a fine fruity flavor. For a more traditional taste, substitute balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon cider or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground pepper (optional)
- 1 drop liquid stevia, or 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- measuring spoons
- small bowl
Put the vinegar, water, optional mustard, salt, and optional pepper and stevia in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the oil and whisk until smooth. Stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator, Classic Vinaigrette will keep for 1 week.
Classic Vinaigrette with Parsley and Shallots: Add 1/2 teaspoon of minced fresh parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of minced shallots.