Yield: 2 cups, 4 servings
Homemade fruit salsa is a succulent summer treat.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced jalapeño chile, or dash cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- cutting board
- serrated knife, 5-inch
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- measuring spoons
- citrus juicer or reamer
- medium bowl
- rubber spatula
Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes so the flavors blend. Serve immediately.
Per serving: calories: 127, protein: 2 g, fat: 7 g, carbohydrate: 12 g, fiber: 5 g, sodium: 78 mg
Peach Salsa: Replace the mango with 1 peach or nectarine.
Pineapple Salsa: Replace the mango with 3/4 cup of diced pineapple.