Posted on June 07 2012 | (0) Comments
Category: Soup and Salad Recipes Tags:
raw soup recipes
Yield: 2 cups, 2 servings
For a tropical presentation, serve this soup in hollowed-out papaya shells, garnished with diced mango and fresh mint.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped papaya (about 1 medium papaya; see note)
- 1/2 large mango, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 fresh strawberries, hulled
- Diced fresh mango, for garnish
- 4 leaves mint, cut in thin strips, for garnish
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- measuring cups
- citrus juicer or reamer
- measuring spoons
- rubber spatula
Put the papaya, mango, orange juice, lime juice, and strawberries in a blender and process on medium speed until smooth. Serve immediately, garnished with diced mango and the mint.
Per serving: calories: 88, protein: 1 g, fat: 0 g, carbohydrate: 20 g, fiber: 3 g, sodium: 5 mg
Note: To chop the flesh of a papaya, first cut the fruit in half lengthwise. Scoop the seeds out with a spoon and discard them. Scoop the remaining flesh out of each half and chop coarsely.