Brazil-Nut Vanilla Ice Cream
Posted on May 28 2013 | (8) Comments
Category: Raw Dessert and Snack Recipes
- 2 cups Brazil Nut Milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 8 to 12 hours (2/3 cup after soaking), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds only
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Pour 1/2 cup of the Brazil Nut Milk and all of the cashews in a blender and process until very smooth. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups Brazil Nut Milk and all of the honey, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and salt and process until blended. Transfer to a jar and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Put the mixture in an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Brazil Nut–Vanilla Ice Cream tastes best if eaten immediately, but it will keep for 5 days stored in a sealed container in the freezer. Thaw for a few minutes before serving.