Chocolate Candy Cups
Posted on December 15 2011 | (5) Comments
Category: Raw Dessert and Snack Recipes
Yield: about 16 candies
These beautiful treats, made from creamy chocolate, crunchy nuts, and chewy raisins, hold their own with any candy bar.
- 4 pitted large medjool dates
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or dark agave syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon plus a pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons of 2 or more of the following: sliced raw almonds, chopped raw pistachios, chopped raw pecans, golden raisins, dark raisins, slivered fresh mint, slivered fresh strawberries
- measuring cups and spoons
- small saucepan
- small mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- serving plate
- 16 (1-inch) paper or foil candy cups
Combine the dates and the coconut oil in a small bowl and let soak for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt. Process until very smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula.
Place 16 (1-inch) foil baking cups on 2 plates. Fill each cup about three-fourths full with the chocolate mixture. Top each cup with a few of the almonds, pistachios, pecans, raisins, mint, and/or strawberries, pressing them down lightly. Chill the cups in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Chocolate Candy Cups will keep for 1 week.
Related Blog Posts: Raw Finger Food For Dessert Lovers