Yield: 3 to 4 servings
In Greek and Roman mythology, “ambrosia” means “food for the gods.”
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments (reserve 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 tablespoon light agave syrup
- cutting board
- small serrated knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Add 1 or more of the following: 1/4 cup of halved red or green seedless grapes; 1/4 cup of cubed pineapple; 4 pitted medjool dates, coarsely c hopped; and/or 2 tablespoons of chopped raw walnuts (unsoaked).
Related Blog Posts: Help Kids Stay Slim with Raw Food Dessert Recipes