Yield: 1 serving
Make a large batch (see note) of this cereal so it will be ready when a sweet craving strikes.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins, unsoaked
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans, unsoaked
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or pumpkin seeds, unsoaked
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, whole cane sugar, or coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk, or 1/4 cup Strawberry Cashew Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries or sliced strawberries
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- small bowl
Put the oats, raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, and optional maple syrup in a small bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve with the Almond Milk and berries.
Per serving: calories: 374, protein: 11 g, fat: 18 g, carbohydrate: 43 g, fiber: 9 g, sodium: 5 mg
• Stored in a sealed container in the pantry, Muesli will keep for 3 months. If you will be storing it and want to include a sweetener, use whole cane sugar or coconut sugar instead of maple syrup. Alternatively, add the maple syrup just before serving.
• For soft Muesli, soak in 1/4 cup of water for 8 to 12 hours at room temperature. Serve with the Almond Milk and berries.
• For a large batch: Increase the amounts to 3 cups of rolled oats, 1 cup of raisins, 1/2 cup of chopped almonds, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, and 1/4 cup of optional whole cane sugar. Yield: 4 cups, 8 servings.