Yield: 2 cups, 1 serving
More savory than sweet, this smoothie is filled with nutrient-rich greens. It’s one of my favorites for breakfast or a snack.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cucumber, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kale, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, packed
- 1/8 lemon, peeled
- measuring cups
- cutting board
- chef’s knife, 8-inch
- rubber spatula
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process on high speed until smooth. Stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator, Nonsweet Green Smoothie will keep for 12 hours.