Vanilla Cashew Cream
Posted on October 13 2011 | (6) Comments
Category: Raw Dessert and Snack Recipes
Yield: 1 cup
This dairy-free topping replaces whipped cream—without sacrificing flavor or richness.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 8 to 12 hours (1 1/4 cups after soaking), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds only, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- measuring cups and spoons
- paring knife
- cutting board
- rubber spatula
Place the cashews, water, and agave syrup in a blender and process until very smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula. Add the vanilla bean seeds and process until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.